Friday, May 9

a random date

As I flipped my calendar, I immediately noted the date - May 9. Funny how certain dates trigger memories. Back when I was, I don't even know, like eight or nine years old? our dog gave birth to five puppies. I will never forget watching those puppies being born. It held me in fascination.

And here I am today, forty years later, waiting on the birth of a sweet baby. Birth still holds me in fascination! Miracle of miracles!

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." ~ Psalm 139:13-16

Yes, all my days have been ordained and in those days He's given me a passion to work with birthing mothers. It makes my heart full :-)

We just don't know what experiences our own children may have in our homes that may trigger a passion in their lives someday, do we? May it be a passion that will bring praise and glory to our Heavenly Father!

Enjoy another spring day in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


2 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

I agree Tammy.

It is a wonderful thing!!!

Watching The Miracle Worker led me to learn sign and work with the deaf.

My brother Jim had a dark room in our basement...
I imagine that was the start of my interest in photography.

Emma watched Sister Wendy's Art Videos....and fell in love with art.

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

My mother is good with those giving birth. I've witnessed both of my natural grandchildrens births and it was just an awesome thing!

Love that scripture!♥

Blog Widget by LinkWithin