Saturday, June 14

and the garden grows

"....however many years she lived she should never forget that first morning when her garden began to grow." ~ Frances Hodgson Burnett

Hey, my garden is starting to grow! It's always exciting to take a walk around the garden fence and see how many things are popping up out of the ground :-) I am amazed that it is looking so well despite the cool cloudy weather we've been having lately. Of course, not everything is looking well and we've had some little visitors spotted in our garden this spring....bunnies! We've never had a problem with them before, but they are apparently getting into the end of our garden where the old fencing never got replaced. And they've chewed off all my broccoli leaves! My husband has been alerted to the need to put some small meshed fencing along that back edge and we'll encourage our dogs to do a bit more patrolling by the garden to hopefully discourage those bunnies from their favorite restaurant.

Yesterday I started my flower pot planting which is very late in the season for me, but again, this weather has been crazy cool this year. I'm ready to start in the flowerbeds today, but have felt discouraged by my preliminary assessment of how they look this spring. Obviously the dogs have had a wild ride with their chippie and squirrel chasing as my flowerbeds have been trampled and holes have been dug. I'm wondering if it's really worth planting much. In order not to be more discouraged, I've determined it wisest not to go to the greenhouse for quality plants for those flowerbeds, but instead buy the "buck a six pak" ones at Wal-Mart.

Anyway, pictures soon....my photo card is full and I need to print out pictures so I can get back to taking pictures around here :-)

Off to my planting with an outdoor wedding to attend this afternoon! Enjoy your Saturday!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin