Wednesday, June 11

daily encouragement

Blech.....

I had one of those "hand over the chocolate and no one will get hurt!" kind of days yesterday. No, I wasn't in a bad mood or didn't have a bad attitude. I just couldn't stop eating my stash all day long. And all I wanted to do was nap and could have easily done so all day long. No motivation to do anything. All day long.

Guess I shouldn't be posting at Living Well this week, eh?

Could have been the freezing cold gray weather. Could have been the letdown after a busy two weeks. Could have been that I have so so SO many things to do right now that I'm overwhelmed and don't know where to begin. Could have been....

Most likely it's related to the season of life my body is in right now that I no longer have to look at a calendar to know exactly where I'm at in the month. The symptoms could be - at various times of the month - intense headache.....unexplainable BAD mood....water retention....total brain fog....a day of uncontrollable eating :::::sigh:::::

So, let's find the positives, eh? At least I got the day of uncontrollable eating out of the way for this month, right? And rather than stay in that frame of mind, I can pick myself back up today and do better, right?

This morning was a good start as I met the ladies from our women's Bible study for breakfast. We are meeting once a month for breakfast throughout the summer to catch up with one another. It was an encouragement to be together and connect with women who are dear to me. Can there really be anything more powerful than encouragement from other believers? It reminds me of the verse from Hebrews where we are told to encourage one another daily. DAILY! Powerful stuff!

May you be encouraged TODAY to continue your commitment to Living Well DAILY! To follow the journey of other sisters in Christ who are choosing to Live Well, please go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

ET said...

We're having yucky, gray, rainy days here, and I can't stop eating either. Let's both blame it on the rain.

But you're right - today is a brand new day! Thanks for reminding me. :)

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

We all have our bad days, I know I do...more bad than good here lately...double ~sigh~

Hope the rest of your week is better!☺

~Tami said...

I haven't been committed to my health goals lately.

Charlene said...

Hey! I have one of those Live Well Logos on my blog too! I'm making it, not loosing like I'd like to and not really gaining.

I had my first "I'm in a fog" time - ever! It has me wondering if that season is sneaking into my life also. I was me, but I didn't feel like me!

Thanks for sharing!

ValleyGirl said...

You know, I think my friend Jamie (Penguins and Ladybugs) said it best this week ~ PROGRESS is what it's all about, NOT perfection. Isn't it amazing how the weather can affect our moods and our eating?! Hope today is a brighter day ~ in any case, it IS full of promise and potential.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin