Thursday, June 12

not even close

Okay, I'm stuck on a thought from my devotional this morning. It's probably too soon to even post it here as I think I may be stuck on it for awhile. And yet, maybe it'll give others something deeper to ponder today. So, here's the line:

"And who I am is not even close to who You created me to be."

Doesn't that make you ponder what God sees as the final product of YOU? And doesn't it make you wonder what else He will be doing in your life to help you to become that final product? And doesn't it cause you to consider the potential that is yet in your life? And isn't there a fascination that there's things in your life that you haven't even yet realized as gifts and talents which He's given you and which He'll grow in the days ahead? And a curiosity about what things He needs to remove from your life?

It brings me to Philippians 1:6 - "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Oh, to have a willing heart for all He wants to do to bring me closer to who He created me to be!

Off to ponder some more!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh, I like that one. I'll have to ponder it awhile today as well.

You know, something like that gives me hope on days when I am not doing so well and wonder if I'll ever get to the point where He can say, "she's finally got it."

blessings to you today!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin