Monday, June 9

one of those best presents

"Cherish each day as though it was the best present you ever received." ~ Author Unknown

Yesterday was one of those best present kind of days :-)

My oldest daughter had driven the distance home after she was done with work on Wednesday to spend a few days with family. It will be her last trip home in awhile as she enters the ninth month of her pregnancy, so it was an enjoyable time for all of us.

The highlight of her time home was a baby shower held yesterday in her honor which was given by two dear friends and helpers. The luncheon was creatively and lovingly prepared by my daughter-in-law and afterwards my daughter was abundantly showered with gifts for her new baby. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and smiles with friends and family!

As we were leaving my friend's home with all the gifts carefully packed away in our van, I was handed a basket full of a variety of gifts for me! Apparently on the baby shower invitations there was also the mention to bring a small gift for this baby's special grandma :-) Talk about feeling loved and extremely blessed by the people God has placed in my life!

My hope is that you, too, have people in your garden who pamper you once in awhile with their lovingkindness!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Karen said...

How sweet!

stephseef said...

tammy - i haven't known you for long, and i know you in this bizarro context, but i can tell you this - i'm not the least bit surprised that grandma gifts came your way. you are so generous of spirit and heart - no wonder they wanted to bless you!!

looking forward to knowing you even more!

Steph

Charlene said...

What a wonderful idea and surprise for you! I'm sure you will let us celebrate with you when the birth of this Grandchild arrives!

Donna Boucher said...

I'm so happy for you!
Another Grandbaby.

God Bless!

mom said...

Ohhhh, you guys are sweet! Yes, it will be a celebration when this baby arrives :-) I'm just praying I get there in time as it arrives!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin