Thursday, June 19

a slight interruption

I was busy typing away on my blog as one of my older sons walked into my bedroom this morning. All I had to do was look at his face to know it wasn't good. For you see, he had come home early from work yesterday not feeling well. Said he didn't feel great when he had gotten up in the morning and left for work, but the symptoms had worsened through the day. By the time he arrived home he had a nasty headache, sore throat, body aches, and chills.....temp 102.8. Off to bed he went and we didn't see much of him the rest of the day.

So, back to this morning. His throat had a cutting pain and after looking inside his mouth - yikes! - his tonsils were extremely red, swollen, and lumpy. He could hardly swallow, poor guy, and was dealing with the effects of a fever as well. Since he typically isn't one to complain of health things, off went my computer as we headed over to urgent care for a strep test. The quick strep test came back negative and we'll see what the 24 hour test brings as a conclusion, but for now the diagnosis is plain ol' tonsillitis. On the way home we stopped at the grocery store to get all the favorite bad sore throat soothers. Once home, off to bed he went and we probably won't see much of him the rest of the day.

At least I'm relieved that we won't have to worry about strep going through our family, but even the bug he has won't be much fun either if any of us catch it :::sigh:::

Anyway, I returned to the blog post I was working on and found that the slight interruption of the morning had interrupted my whole thought process. GONE. Because of the time on my clock I have only one thought at the moment.....I have to get my garage sale ad into the local newspaper before noon! LOL!

Off to the other computer to print out my ad and run it into town!

Have a great and HEALTHY day in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

I hope your son gets better soon! I used to get toscilitis a lot as a child and had them removed at the ripe old age of 17.

Hope you are having a lovely day!☺

PS...cold popcicles do help!

mom said...

Yup, I used to get it a lot as a child, too, and had my tonsils removed when I was in first grade. I still remember many details about that experience. None of my kids though have had their tonsils removed. He kept a low profile all day...and I hope he's feeling better this morning when he gets up!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

stephseef said...

well, as one who has been nursing a 9-year old's newly tonsil-less throat since tuesday, i look forward to NO more golf balls in his throat on a regular basis!! He's sitting next to me eating Ramen noodles, so he's on the upswing today. :)

Hope your guy is better, too!
Joyfully,
Steph

mom said...

I'm glad your little guy is doing well, Steph! Yes, this son is the one which they wanted to remove his tonsils and adenoids at three, but we decided against it. His tonsils shrunk down through the years, but a *bug* like this will certainly puff them up!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin