Thursday, June 26

tend to your weeds

From my flip calendar:

"In all aspects of life, tend to your weeds. Everything worthwhile needs room to grow." ~ Author Unknown

I decided not to go out in my garden and take a picture this morning to fully explain the truth of this statement :::sigh::: Yes, while I've been busy getting ready for my garage sale, the weeds have been having a wild time growing up amidst the vegetables in my garden. I really need to get my kids out there working a bit, especially since the plants are now up well and easy to distinguish between the weeds. The weeds will definitely draw the sunlight, water, and good soil while crowding out that which needs the nourishment.

Oh yes, and let's not forget about tending to the weeds in ALL aspects of life :::sigh::: Since we've been done with schooling, life has gotten very busy. Too busy. And instead of spending more time with the Lord with all this extra time (is there such a thing as extra time? me thinks not!) I'm finding recently that I'm spending less time and allowing other things to take priority. And you know what happens? Weeds start growing in my life and they begin to crowd out the good growth that has been happening as I've been nurtured by the Lord. Suddenly bad attitudes show up. Grumbling about people who annoy me. Getting crabby at my kids. Tiring of my daily chores. Wanting to run from responsibilities and nurture the flesh. Pretty ugly stuff. And those things will just keep growing as long as I feed them with all the enemy keeps handing me. He works quite well in watering with selfishness, doesn't he?

Time to get the hoe out, I mean, the two edged sword!

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper then any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." ~ Hebrews 4:12-13

Yup, God's Word works quite well. And I am thankful that His Word is living and active and can impact my life in a positive way. Whenever I turn my eyes back to Him with a willing spirit, it allows Him to uncover all the ugly stuff which does not please Him and allows me an opportunity to pull the weeds that are so evident.

It makes me thankful to have a Master Gardener in my life :-)

How's your garden growing these days?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin