Saturday, July 19

a bit of rest

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time." ~ John Lubbock

The birds were chirping and singing early this morning. My husband was up just as early and off with a friend for a long motorcycle ride on such a beautiful perfect summer day. The kids are all lazily and slowly waking up. I've already done some necessary bookwork and check writing this morning and quite honestly I feel like being idle the rest of the day. It's not so much idleness that is calling me, but rest. Throwing a blanket on the grass and just closing my eyes. Not thinking about anything. Rest. I'm weary of doing and thinking and moving. Rest. My mind wants it. My body wants it. Rest. Refresh. Renew. Recharge.

We'll see how far I get on this plan of no action for my day.....

Enjoy this Saturday in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Karen said...

I've decided that summers are for resting and the rest of the year is for activity. I seem to fall further and further behind in the summer and this one is no exception. Sigh. I've done some things today but nothing near what needs to be done. My only consolation is that it will all be waiting on Monday. woo hoo.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin