Wednesday, July 2

a treasure

By last night I already had my Living Well post of the day drafted, but this morning I changed my mind.

When I looked down on the floor by my desk, I saw an index card turned upside down. I picked it up and realized it was a handwritten Scripture card that had blown off the wall by my desk. The verse was:

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us." ~ II Corinthians 4:7

For my regular readers, you'll know that God has been impressing on my heart this week that I am God's valued treasure. That thought has come up each day. I don't know why it is a continual reminder and it puts a little trembling in my heart to think that perhaps God is preparing me for something. And if that is so, I want to allow this very thought to sink in even deeper. Because I just may need it.

BUT.....maybe somebody reading today through our Living Well group needs to cling to that very thought, too. That as believers in Jesus Christ we are valued treasures of His. Just the way we are. Whether overweight or lean. Whatever our size or shape. No matter if we exercise or don't. Despite what we eat or don't eat. Think treasure! Of God's! And because we are that treasure on this earth we also have the power of God in our lives. Think power! Of God's! Doesn't that just take your breath away when you consider it to its fullest?

Tremble? Yes! Not from fear but with God's power!

Tap into it, you valued treasure of His!

To follow the journey of other Living Well women, please go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Kathleen Marie said...

What a beautiful thought... I am God's Treasure!

Wonderful! Have a God-filled Day!

Bobbie said...

I love to hear how God talks to each of us! Thank you for those words of truth!

ValleyGirl said...

Wonderful thoughts, Tammy! Thanks for the reminder.

Bonnie said...

Thank you for the reminder, Tammy. How appropriate! Thank God that it is His grace and power, "both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Beautiful thought!

Oh, and thank you for the recent sweet comment on my blog! God's gracious hand has surely sustained our family! God bless you, Sister.

Bonnie in FL

Denise said...

Such a precious thought, be blessed.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin