Tuesday, July 8

which to do?

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." ~ E. White

HA! This would fit perfectly for my post yesterday. It speaks of my dilemma exactly when wonderful warm sunny summer days arrive. Do I work or do I play? hee hee! Truly, the other three seasons are so long and keep me indoors that it is quite hard to resist playing in the garden. I could easily be in my garden every day for long easy moments. Perhaps because it is a quiet place and gives me much time to think.

Yesterday I did work on improving the world. My laundry was sadly very behind. I kept busy for the majority of the day washing clothes, drying clothes, ironing clothes, putting away clothes. The job is not finished and my plan is to get back to it again today.

Maybe.

As I type this I can look out my window at my garden and see the weeding that still needs to be worked on.

Should I improve the world or enjoy the world today?

Actually weeding the garden is both, right?! A win win situation! Woo hoo!

Enjoy your day no matter what you choose to do on such a wonderful summer day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Monica said...

now, see, I love that you can look upon weeding your garden as play.... it's work to me.. now, the pile of yarn sitting on my couch, on the other hand...

LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin