Wednesday, August 13

a trip to the dentist

LIVING WELL WEDNESDAY

Yesterday was my annual visit to the dentist. Clean and check.

Dentist. The word strikes fear into many. Honestly, my childhood memories of going to the dentist are NOT pleasant. The loud sounds of the drill, the odors of things they used in the office, the very old man who drilled in my teeth (okay, he probably wasn't real old, but you have to consider my perspective from that time). And back then I don't recall getting prizes if I sat well through my appointments. I did not like going. Period.

Dentist. The dentist I go to now I've known for over thirty years. Yikes, is it really that long? I've known him longer than my husband and he's actually around the same age as my husband. Plus he and his family have been our friends through the years. My husband has even taken hunting trips with him. All of my children have gone to him as their dentist through the years and it's always been a pleasant experience. The dentist appointments are short compared to how long it take for my kids to look through the prize basket when they are done!

Taking good care of your teeth is a part of Living Well. There is a daily responsibility of brushing, flossing, and rinsing to have a healthy mouth. Eating well and drinking plenty of water is also part of dental health. If you are someone who avoids going to the dentist because of past experiences, let me encourage you. Dentistry has come a long way through the years. A long good way.

Live well and have a healthy smile! :-D

To follow the journey of other Living Well women, go to www.christianwomenonline.net/live_well_wednesdays.html

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for such great advice sweetie.

Darlene said...

Oh, yeah a great smile is priceless.

I love that dentists have TV on the ceiling now adays. I can watch a show and forget the drilling.

mom said...

Darlene, I'm totally jealous! LOL! Our dentist has a sky window, so I watch the weather outside while he's working on my teeth!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin