Wednesday, August 6

a week of challenges for you

It's almost here! The summer Olympics! There's a lot of excitement as athletes from around the world gather to compete as this big event kicks off on Friday. As spectators I'm guessing we are rather clueless about the depth of time, energy, finances, and commitment it takes for each individual athlete to train and compete in such events. We tend to enjoy just sitting on our couches and cheering on our country! Goooooo, USA!.....and someone pass me the potato chips!

YIKES!

It probably isn't the best thing to park ourselves in front of the TV for over a week of watching others compete athletically while we sit and watch.

Time for the Living Well women to challenge themselves a bit over the next week, don't you think?

*Challenge yourself to doing a bit more exercising than normal. Instead of walking around the block once, go twice. Instead of riding your bike for five miles, do ten. Instead of going to Curves three times a week, go five times. You know what your exercise routine is....challenge it a bit during the Olympics!

*Challenge yourself to eat better during this week. Summer is the perfect time of the year to eat lots of fresh produce. The women's health book I'm reading right now suggests going beyond the government recommendation of "five-a-day" and eating TEN servings of fruits and vegetables per day. The brighter the colored, the better! Can you do it?!

*Challenge yourself to keep your water bottle filled! Take your body weight and divide the number in half. You've come to the recommended amount of ounces of water you should intake during a day. How many of us even come close? Challenge yourself to be sipping throughout the day!

*Challenge yourself to get your beauty sleep for a week. Too many of us have daily schedules which are too busy. Get to bed early for a change as research keeps saying that the best quality sleep is before midnight. Recharge your batteries and get rid of those tired eyes!

*Challenge yourself to spend more concentrated time with the Lord this week. Focus on reading through a particular book of the Bible this week and engage yourself in a little more meditation time. Enlarge your prayer time by perhaps praying for these athletes who don't know the Lord. Think of the impact on the world if athletes left the Olympics as new believers in Jesus Christ and then went back to their home countries to share the Good News! It gives me :::Godbumps::: thinking about it, yet I trust the power of prayer to do exactly that!

Pick one challenge....pick more....pick all five!

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." ~ I Corinthians 9:24

To follow the journey of other Living Well women, please go HERE

Have a great week of challenges!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


9 comments:

kemiko said...

It is a wonderful site! I linked.

ChiGirl said...

I pick water and fruits/veggies. I seemed to have stalled out on my weight loss. :-(

ValleyGirl said...

This is a wonderful challenge, Tammy! Other than the water, I need to work on all of these things.

~Tami said...

I plan on walking once it isn't so hot. It's been unbelievably hot. I have actually been drinking water the last few weeks. Thanks for the challenges.

linda said...

Thank you so much for this post...I needed some of these reminders.

I'm going away for a few days on a camping trip and it will offer me the perfect chance to practice some of these (exercise, water, vegetables, time alone w/God)...I can't wait!

penguinsandladybugs said...

Good challenges! I am trying to pick one new habit a week, so I will remember your ideas!!

Darlene said...

Love the challenges! You deserve a gold medal for writing this one. :)

Denise said...

Such an awesome post, I accept the challenge.

mom said...

YAY! We'll see how everyone does...including myself! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin