Thursday, September 11

only a blink

Just taking a moment to remind homeschool mothers of an important unspoken rule:

Children always know when you aren't looking!

As one of my older daughters and I were correcting her language papers, it began pouring rain outside our window. A wonderful hard downpour. The kind of downpour that rarely happened all summer long while my garden was in desperate need of such watering. And suddenly I jumped up!

Often when my boys mow the lawn, they pull the drainpipes off the gutters so they can mow closer to the house edges. Sometimes they forget to put them back on which will causing flooding in areas of the basement when we get a hard rain. So I ran through the house peeking through windows to assure the drainpipes were all in place.

As I walked back to the kitchen, I heard my littlest crying in her room because she couldn't find her swimsuit. Swimsuit? What for? Well, she needed it so she could run outside with her older sister. Older sister? Outside? Swimsuit?

Her older sister was no longer sitting in the kitchen where I had left her and was indeed MIA. I opened the outside door and peeked out. And what did my eyes behold....but a daughter in her swimsuit jumping on the trampoline in the pouring rain during temperatures in the low 60's! I went YIKES! She went WOOHOO!

Yes, it only took her a matter of moments to take advantage of mom leaving the room and the lightbulb to come on in her mind which included becoming a quick change artist.

All in a day of the life of a homeschool mom, eh?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

livinglocurto said...

Wow! You have a very creative girl. ha! I have a friend who just started homeschooling. I'm sending her your site! You could give her some great advice:-)

mom said...

Um, yes, creative! LOLOL! Thanks Amy :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin