Monday, September 22

first day of autumn

To celebrate the first day of autumn.....


Yellow the bracken,
Golden the sheaves,
Rosy the apples,
Crimson the leaves;
Mist on the hillside,
Clouds grey and white.
Autumn, good morning!
Summer, good night!
~Florence Hoatson

Having woken up to a foggy hazy morning, this seemed like the perfect poem to celebrate the day. It would have been nice to take a picture of the brightly colored leaves outside my bedroom window, but I'm not certain how it would turn out with the current weather conditions. The forecast is actually for this to clear off and the weather to be sunny and quite warm.

Having been gone this weekend, my mind is swirling with all that needs to be done today....this week. Our autumn is quite short and there's many tasks to be taken care of outdoors, particularly the cleaning up of the garden. Yet there are task indoors calling myself at the same time. Finding the balance and good use of my time will be the challenge!

May you enjoy this beautiful fall day in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

My Journey said...

Oh, how beautiful! I love fall! I hope you enjoy your garden a lot, too! Thanks!
Carolina

Georgiann said...

WOW!!! Great Picture. I love to take cool pictures for my blog too. I just started blogging and you really can get sucked in... I have 6 kiddos, so life is busy. Come say hi~ I'm over at
ourfruitfulharvest.blogspot.com
"The Garden Gate"
Peace in Christ,
Georgiann

Blog Widget by LinkWithin