Wednesday, September 3

healthy words

As I've been going through the book of Proverbs in my devotional book this year, I recently had this verse come up:

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." ~ Proverbs 16:24

How often do we associate our words with our health? Are our words which are spoken into the lives of others known to be words of pure honey? Kind, sweet, healing, and good for the spirit? Do we use our words to encourage others along the way? Are our words like a wonderful gift to others? And primarily, do our words reflect the love of our Heavenly Father?

Recently at church someone came up to me during our greeting time and said that I looked young enough to be one of my children! LOL is more than just an internet acronym for I honestly did LAUGH OUT LOUD! It was a sincere compliment which humors the heart of an almost fifty year old mother every time I think about it :-)

So, do take time to think about it today....what words will YOU be known for speaking into the lives of others? Will they be words that are sweet to another's soul? Will they bring good health to those who come along your garden path?

To follow the journey of other Living Well women, please go and read HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Joan said...

We discussed this in our Sunday School class awhile back. The Hebrew traditions of speaking a blessing over others had positive results and impacted lives. We should always acknowlegde the people in our lives with possitive words. It makes a difference.
Thanks for the post.

JesusRulzMe said...

Tammy,

That's so funny! I get that too! I'll be 40 soon and I always get mistaken for my boys sister....at least they think I'm their older sister!

And I completely agree with you, what's inside, shows on the outside. So, we should either allow our speech to be filled with grace and seasoned with salt, or we shouldn't speak at all.

Bless you,
Sunny

Denise said...

I pray that my words are helpful, never hurtful sweetie.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin