Monday, September 29

it's pink

There were so many things I considered blogging about this morning, but of course every single one of them flew right out of mind after a single bite. A single bite of a leftover from Saturday night's supper. A single bite of my newest most favorite pink thing. Definitely not a breakfast item, but when I saw it sitting there in the front of my fridge I couldn't wait until lunch time.

Yes, I ate the leftover salmon for breakfast. Feel free to say, "Ewwwwwww!" like my kids did while they ate their breakfast cereal and orange slices. I never eat unusual things for breakfast. Never. But I absolutely could not resist as I love the flavor of salmon with a bit of lemon!

Ohhhh, salmon is so so good for you! It's low in calories and saturated fat, yet a wonderful source of protein. And it's also an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which are so good for you, especially for women's health. Salmon has several health benefits, but my personal favorite is that it helps with brain function. If you are suffering from fuzzy thinking in the perimenopause season of life, this pink fish is for YOU! Yup, yup, I'll take a piece of salmon any day over a good steak! Besides, it is my favorite color - pink! Here's an article about salmon if you want to learn more.

Of course, I'll test the brain function theory tomorrow as I'll see if I can remember what I was originally going to blog about today......hee hee!

Enjoy the day in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Charlene said...

How funny I would stop by your blog after positing mine - about fish - not as much of a rave review as yours I'm sorry to say!

Letitia said...

I really would love to try salmon. No, I've never even tasted it. I know it's so healthy. For now, I pop fish oil capsules twice a day. I don't, however, think I could handle it for breakfast!
Congratulations to your soccer team.
Letitia
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SandBetweenMyToes/

mom said...

We are used to catching our own freshwater fish which can sometimes taste fishy. But to me, salmon doesn't have a fishy taste which is perhaps why I like it so much :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin