Thursday, September 4

sock weather

We had the most beautiful weather over the past long weekend while we were away. Sunny every day. Temps in the upper 80's. A wonderful breeze off the lake. Perfect.

The day after we came home, it clouded up and probably became the most humid day of the entire summer. A bit of rain. A bit of wind. And the next morning we woke up to weather considerably cooler. Our highs are now in the 60's. Yup, you heard it right! The house feels VERY chilly and I'm back to my sweatshirts and digging out socks.

Socks.

Aren't these just the prettiest socks?! :-) They arrived in perfect timing in my mailbox the day the weather changed. Handknit to perfection and a blessing to my heart! I quickly ran outside barefoot, slipped them on, took a picture, ran back into the house barefoot, then put them back on my feet. But as you can see, I'm not much of a foot model and put them on a little off kilter which I noticed when I downloaded the pictures onto my computer at night and wasn't going to go back outside in the cold dark to take another picture in the grass!

The creator of these socks is someone whose knitting I've admired for a long time as I've witnessed her many pictures of knitting projects as well as the beautiful yarns that she finds. Simply amazing projects she's tackled with her gift for knitting. I've never progressed past the knit one pearl two stage of the craft and couldn't read a pattern for the life of me. So, yes, I love to go and visit her blog to drool.....

Besides being a knitting genius, she's also a fellow homeschool mom of five boys whose antics often resemble those of my sons. AND we share the same name! What a blessing cyberfriends can be :-)

So please take a moment to visit Tammy at Tammy Knits and scroll through her many beautiful knitting creations!

And in the meantime, I'm going to hope that whenever she knits a pair of too small socks, she sends them to her cold weather friend who will treasure these special handknit socks on her feet!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

linda said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful friend! I'm such a sock lover myself...unfortunately, my sock wearing days are still about a month away!

Donna Boucher said...

Oh my goodness!!!!
I feel like a happy mother hen.

Tammy is just a wonderful person and amazing knitter!!!

I'm delighted you have a pair of her socks.

They are so pretty and so feminine!!!

Tammy said...

Aww.. thanks for your sweet words. I'm so glad you like them! Next time I'm knitting a pair of socks and realize they're too small, I won't start over, I'll just realize they must be for you! ;)

mom said...

Okay, I'm envying you, Linda! LOL! I guess our cooler weather came at the right time since I wore a hole through my favorite Teva flip flops...

And I'm so glad I cheered up your day, Donna! :-)

I have finally found an advantage to being um, vertically challenged....I have small feet which are perfect for throw off socks! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin