Monday, September 8

today is the day

Today is the day.

I've been dreading it for awhile and this feeling tends to be typical this time of the year. Honestly, I sense a tad bit of rebellion in my spirit. Well, maybe more than a tad bit. Maybe a tad lot.

Today we start our regular school routine.

The kids have actually been lightly schooling through the last two weeks of August as we knew we'd have company the first week of September when we were originally scheduled to begin our school year. After our company left last Wednesday, which was earlier than planned due to some changes in their schedules, the kids got back to school on Thursday and Friday. But I continued to putz and catch up on some other things.

Today, however, my putzing is over.

God never ceases to amaze me - and I hope He never ceases to amaze you either - when He speaks through His word right when you need it. Okay, I wasn't exactly looking for it this morning, but there it was when I did my devotions. The verse of the day was from Proverbs 19:27 - "Stop listening to instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge."(NIV) or "Cease listening, my son, to discipline, and you will stray from the words of knowledge."(NAS) or"Cease, my son, to hear instruction only to ignore it and stray away from the words of knowledge."(Amp) or "Cease listening to instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge."(NKJ) When a verse hits me a certain way, I always go to my comparative Bible to get a deeper meaning, so you get that benefit today, too.

This particular verse reminded me of how important my job is as a mother and home educator. It would be easy for me to selfishly continue puttering around my household, however I am called to another purpose which is much more important ---> to instruct my children with words of knowledge. If I don't purposely do that, they will easily stop listening and will stray away from knowledge. It's not that it doesn't happen throughout the summer, it just doesn't happen as purposefully. And it's just as important that *I* continue to seek words of knowledge through God's Word as I lead and guide my children.

Today is the day. A new day. A new school year officially beginning. A new season of learning words of knowledge. And with that I say, "AMEN!"

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

stephseef said...

dear tammy,

me too.

love,
steph

:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin