Thursday, October 23

a cup of thankful

Simply put....this morning I'm thankful for the scent of coffee. No, perhaps that isn't an accurate statement. More simply put....I'm thankful that my husband typically gets up before me and makes our pot of coffee and it's the first thing I smell in the morning as I'm waking up. And it smells wonderful! He has the gift of coffee making as it always tastes good. And his coffee making skills only got better when our son and daughter-in-law gave us a coffee bean grinder a few years (?) back. Freshly ground coffee....mmmmm!

Yes, I can make coffee, but typically it's weaker and not as flavorful.

Perhaps it's kind of like that mother thing where food always tastes better when someone else prepares it? I dunno....

All I do know is that having my first cup of coffee every morning when I sit down to do my devotions is something that makes me smile! And I'm still smiling as I finish that cup of coffee while I sit at my computer writing :-)

What are YOU thankful for today? Join others on this day of thankfulness by going right here

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


8 comments:

Denise said...

May God help you to keep on smiling sweetie.

Bonnie said...

Are husbands who are talented in the kitchen AWESOME blessings???? Well... mostly... I know I wouldn't weigh as much if my husband were less talented but I'm not complaining!!! What a blessing your husband sounds. Enjoy the day!

Laurie Ann said...

I'm so glad your husband blesses you in this way. I love coffee, but since I'm the only coffee drinker, I wait until I get to work for my first cup. This morning I cheated and went by the Donut Shop on the way in, hah hah! Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

The woman who has husband who brings coffee in a.m. is of the most blessed on earth.

GOD BLESS the husband who brings coffee!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

The Arthur Clan said...

What a great husband you have!

I'm thankful that in approximately 2 hours, my husband will be home from his Minnesota business trip. It's been a looooong week without him.

Angie in OH

Kimmie said...

Hi Tammy;

I'm with you...coffee makes me smile too. Though a nice spot of black tea with some milk and honey can make me grin on a cold CT morning too.

I do think you are on to something with the 'when somebody else makes it' theory...I feel the same way about salad. When I make it is okay, but if someone else makes it...suddenly beams from heaven shine down and it is wonderful.

Have a nice weekend my friend!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Front Porch Legacy said...

Oh how I love my morning cup of coffee.

mom said...

It is a blessing, isn't it? And I regularly tell him he makes the absolute best cup of coffee ever as I don't want him to think it isn't appreciated and therefore stops doing it!

Kimmie, you described it perfectly! It is a beams coming down from heaven thing, isn't it! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin