Tuesday, October 21

the faith of a child

Ever since making Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior many years ago, my prayer has been that each one of my children would make that decision sometime in their life. It was nothing that was ever pushed or prodded or pressured on them. It was more like a whispered prayer that arrived in my heart the moment they entered this world. And with what always seemed like an out-of-the-blue kind of moment, their God questions would eventually come and be answered, their understanding and simple faith confirmed, and a prayer would be spoken.

And one by one it happened to the delight of my heart. Except for one. The last little unexpected blessing in our life.

Until last week. Without an inkling and while coloring some page in her phonics workbook, spiritual questions popped out of her mouth. My heart skipped a beat as I explained to this little one - who has been smothered with love and returns it just as generously - about a Heavenly Father who loves her even more than anyone in this world ever could. So much love that He sent His Son Jesus to die for the sins which separate her from Him. After we talked some more, I told her to think about all we had shared and throughout the week little questions came forth.

And with a simple child's faith on Sunday night, she climbed up onto my lap and we prayed together.

My heart is humbled to know that one by one each one of my children's names has been written in the Lamb's Book of Life. There is an incredible sense of peace, joy, and contentment that comes with that knowledge.

And my faith has grown with that knowledge as I also know I can trust God wholeheartedly with the rest of my whispered prayer for their lives....that once they trust Him as their Lord and Savior, they will wholeheartedly love and serve Him all the days of their lives.

With that I can rest.

For a moment.

Life does have a way on moving on to dishes and laundry and meals, doesn't it?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

The Arthur Clan said...

That's beautiful and wonderful Tammy.

I have had the same prayer for each of my children since before they were born and I still pray over them each night when they are laying in their beds.

It's really a beautiful moment when your child takes that step. Most important moment of their life!

Angie in OH

ValleyGirl said...

Haha, I love how you wrapped this up there at the end! The mountain top moments are indeed just that ~ moments. But what wonderful experiences they are, with the ability to put a new spring in our step and a new song in our hearts that carries us through the everyday-ness of our lives.

It was over a year ago when my almost-7-yr old decided she wanted Jesus living in her heart. And several months ago, while the girls were upstairs having 'quiet time' in the afternoon, she helped her younger sister invite Him in as well. I really wish I could have heard that conversation! But my heart sings nonetheless.

mom said...

I think that is my favorite time to pray for my children...when I peek in on them sleeping like angels!

What a sweet story, Tammi! It makes MY heart sing as well!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimmie said...

How wonderful! Glad to have our family expand...so glad that God blessed you with letting her pray with YOU! Rejoicing greatly at God's goodness.

Bless your family and may He expand you.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Blog Widget by LinkWithin