Friday, October 31

travels of the stretching kind

It's time to stretch the mother....again.

Hugs, kisses, and orders to "love that baby!" were given as I said good-bye this morning to an older son and younger daughter as they drove off to pay a visit to our oldest daughter and family. A perfect day weatherwise for their travels as well as good timing for departure and arrival.

All is well.

Except my rapidly beating heart at the moment.

My husband easily said "yes!" when my son asked to go on this trip. My lips only sputtered as I considered his total lack of city driving. Yet, I had to balance that with the type of driver he is...cautious, conservative, and responsible.

It's one of those letting go experiences as he becomes a young adult and stretches for his independence. Every single one of my kids eventually took a trip and each did just fine.

So I do know the routine having been through this four times already. Pace, pray, and wait for the phone call in four hours saying they arrived safe and sound.

All in the day of a mother of a growing stretching family.

Funny how God is growing stretching me at the same time! He's pretty clever, isn't He?! :-)

Have a great day in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

*****Update: They arrived safe and sound, so now I can stop pacing and actually get something done, that is, until they head back this way! LOL!
*****Second Update: They are now back home safe and sound....whew! They had a wonderful time and were even able to connect with an older brother and his girlfriend during their visit as well as getting some clothes shopping done in the big city :-)


3 comments:

Heasleye said...

Oh, I don't really look forward to this sort of stretching. It's nice to read encouraging things from moms who have encountered these things!

The Arthur Clan said...

I love reading your thoughts about where you are with your family right now, because I know it won't be too much longer before we reach that point with our family. It's easy to see how much you enjoy your children at all their different stages of life!

Angie in OH

mom said...

It's not just a saying...they truly do grow up in the blink of an eye! Enjoy these pre-driving years :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin