Wednesday, October 22

slow down

Here's an interesting news clip that came from Reuters today:

"People who eat quickly until full are three times more likely to be overweight, a problem exacerbated by the availability of fast food and the decline of orderly dining habits, Japanese researchers said on Wednesday."

It makes perfect sense to me. When we rush food into our systems, the warning light doesn't seem to come on until we've definitely overeaten. And then we feel lousy. However, if you are leisurely eating a relaxing meal with pleasant conversation, it's interesting to see that at the end of the meal you haven't eaten as much and definitely feel full.

No wonder Americans are overweight! We live a life of rush here rush there busy busy busy busy!

Time to slow the pace down and prepare nourishing meals. Once sitting down for the meal, place appropriate serving portion sizes on your plate. Then turn your focus on the fellowship found around your table. Relaxing conversation and a smile on your face will help your food to digest better as you eat slowly.

Try it! You may like it! And the results may be a healthier YOU!

To follow the journey of other Living Well women, please go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

This is a goal of mine. I found, since my day of fasting last week, that I've definitely slowed my eating and focused more on enjoying the time with my family ~ that brief time in the day when I don't feel like I should really be doing this or cleaning that! And I find I'm full after a lot less food than I used to be!

Joan@More God=less me said...

Really great reminder. Thanks Tammy! I put the leftovers away before I sit down to eat with the family. Keeps me from taking seconds.

Have a blessed day!

The Arthur Clan said...

I absolutely agree with this...it seems that so many are just rushing through life. We need to relax, sit back and enjoy what we've been given as well.

Angie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin