Friday, October 24

time to shine

From my gardening flip calendar:

"The days shorten, granting the stars more time to shine." ~ Author Unknown

Ohhh, the days are shortening, aren't they? I sense it in the morning, I sense it in the late afternoon. As a daylight sunshine lover, I frown. I feel my pace slow and a wandering seems to happen in the evenings as my body seems to be fighting this change and doesn't quite know what to do with this darkness. And it makes me want to go to bed. At 7:00 PM. Yup, do you see the problem?! LOL!

So when I read this saying, I stopped and pondered. There IS something absolutely spectacular about stars shining in the dark sky. My favorite place to view stars is up at our cabin where there are no lights to interfere with their shining. The sky is dazzling and twinkling all over the place and it puts your heart in complete awe.

Why not? Why not take these dark late afternoons and evenings and put some dazzle into them? I need to make a plan and have something to look forward to instead of dreading all those long hours. I have some sewing and quilting projects which I need to work on and whenever I'm doing either one of those, it's as good as the sun shining because it makes my heart smile with contentment.

And when I take this whole thing a step further, I have several friends going through dark times. Loss of loved ones, loss of jobs, loss of health, loss of relationship with older children. Loss. My heart could be at prayer all day long as I consider all the trials those I know and care about are going through right now. My prayer is that the Lord would shine through their dark time and dazzle them in specific ways with His love and care.

May these shortening days hold a touch of dazzle in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Yep, I'm in full hibernation mode already!! Don't expect coherence for another 4 or 5 months!

If you're interested, my bloggy friend (and real life sister-in-law) is hosting a "fight the long dark days of winter" thingy. If you want to check it out, click here.

The Arthur Clan said...

I really actually enjoy these shortened days ~ the kids are ready to head to bed a little bit earlier than usual and then hubby and I enjoy a few extra moments to ourselves.

The quote you shared is absolutely lovely!

Angie in OH

mom said...

Usually I hit the hibernation mode after the holidays :::sigh::: Perhaps it's because daylight savings time is so late this year that it is hitting earlier, I dunno?

Cool site, Tammi! Thanks for sharing! It looks like she has lots of great ideas :-)

Angie, I need your secret. My kids aren't going to bed any earlier right now.... LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin