Friday, October 3

the white roof

Oh oh.....

It's never a good sign when my husband looks out the window in the morning and says the garage roof is completely white. Not to panic, it isn't snow yet! LOL! BUT it is definitely a sign that we've been hit hard with our first frost.

Oh oh.....

Although the weather has gotten more seasonable, I hadn't heard that we had a frost warning last night. Nothing in my garden or my flowerpots had been covered in anticipation of the arrival of frost. It's okay though. Just makes a bit more work for me later as I'll need to pull more things out of the garden today. And I'll have to schedule an upcoming day to can carrots to finalize the garden clean-up as they are always the last thing I do.

No oh oh.....

It's that time of the year where my responsibilities have shifted indoors as I need to be focusing on our schooling daily. So, I'm ready to close out another season of gardening which will keep my heart from wandering outside all the time. It'll be nice not to worry about weeding and watering and harvesting (although I will miss picking something fresh out of the garden for supper!) for awhile and concentrate on growing my kids with a bit of knowledge!

Enjoy your garden path today whether warm or cool!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Our temps have been in the 90s this week! Today is much cooler (high 70s). Heat gives me a headache!

mom said...

Wow! Temps that warm would definitely give me a headache! High 70's sounds perfect :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin