Saturday, November 15

back a whole bunch of years ago....

It was a flashback moment.

The girls had stumbled upon some long lost foamy rollers stuck into bag within a bathroom drawer. Hardly need to write more, do I?

Tonight while our family watched a movie, I rolled up the hair of two brave girls who wanted more curls. They giggled when they were tucked into bed since those rollers felt so funny while lying on their pillows.

And I remembered Saturday evenings many many years ago. After my Saturday night bath I'd sit on the floor by the couch in the living room while my mom rolled my hair into pin curls as we watched TV. And I still remember the funny feeling of sleeping on my pillow with those pins stuck all over.

History repeats itself. And sometimes that is very very good :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~




5 comments:

Karen said...

That looks so familiar. (both when it was done to me and when I did it to my girl. You didn't happen to have any dippity-do on hand, did you?)

mom said...

Now THAT'S a flashback...dippity-do! You know, I hadn't even thought about putting anything on her hair while I rolled it. I'm certain I'd be lost in the hair products aisle trying to figure out what to use out of the zillion things now available. Dippity-do...that is going to keep my smiling all day long! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

linda said...

Oh does this picture bring back memories...fun memories! Yep, Saturday night after bath time or the night before picture day at school!

Luke said...

That made me smile... and made me nostalgic for an experience I've never known [smile].

~Luke

mom said...

Oh my! Now I'm really giggling! Of all the days to stop by for a visit, Luke! LOL! I was going to say perhaps your wife would remember these days, but you two are both youngin's and probably much more stylin' :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin