Tuesday, November 25

is it really simple?

The number of times I see a movie in a theater are sparse and I seldom catch a movie out on new release at the movie store. My typical movie time is when the boys are out of the house which means I can watch *girl* movies. The problem is finding movies to watch when I am able to watch them as I often cannot remember all the chitter chatter about movies when they are just released in the theaters or on DVD.

Last night I watched Juno which I know had a lot of talk when it came out, but of course I don't recall if it was good or bad talk! However, my timing to watch it was perfect having gone through the training last week to volunteer in the pregnancy resource center. Since the number of unexpected pregnancies in the 13 - 15 year old range is increasing, the movie captivated my attention as I watched her reactions, the boy's reactions, her parents' reaction, and the adoption process.

How timely, too, were the verses for my morning devotions:

"Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, 'But we knew nothing about this,' does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?" ~ Proverbs 24:11-12

As I've shared, my prayers are focused upon God's leading in my involvement of a ministry reaching out with God's love to women who find themselves in unexpected pregnancies. To support them in an unjudgmental manner. To share with them - with their permission - the intricacies of God's creation. To care for them by offering helpful resources. In the end it is their decision to make. And if they choose abortion, the ministry also offers help for those who go through the pain of post-abortion stress. It all goes back to loving them and pointing them to a loving and forgiving Heavenly Father.

Now I realize not everyone will be moved to such a role and that's okay. There are other ways to support God's gift of life such as a simple vote in a presidential election. Many Christians made the choice of electing a man who said that his first thing to do as president will be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). This simple signature will eliminate every restriction on abortion. Abortions can be performed at any stage of a woman's pregnancy (including the partial birth abortion), all state laws such as parental consent will be overturned, abortions will be taxpayer funded, and faith based hospital facilities will be forced to perform abortions.

A simple vote, a simple signature.

My heart grieves.

God bless America?

Stepping back down off my rare soapbox and on to cleaning the house....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

My heart grieves right along with you.

stephseef said...

well done, tammy.

i'm an adopted child

i have 2 adopted children

my heart breaks for what our country has chosen....

and i pray for the church to rise up and bridge the gap between being pro life, and being willing to care for pregnant moms, and being willing to adopt. I don't know about yours, but MY bible talks about caring for the ORPHANS and widows in their distress....can you imagine, if even half the churches in our country took seriously that call, how different the foster care system would be? that's why I have such respect for what you're doing, tammy, with the crisis pregnancy center. I think we might have some mutual friends working there, by the way.

anyway, stepping off of MY soapbox, and cleaning the kitchen, and desiring to be a woman of prayer if i'm gonna be a woman of complaining! :) You've modeled it well for me, friend.

Love,
Steph

The Arthur Clan said...

Your heart shines through in this post Tammy. I think that's what struck me the most...the love and compassion you have for women who find themselves in difficult circumstances. May God bless you for that!

Kimmie said...

Hi Tammy;

Praying for your new ministry. Hey, if you get a chance, tell them if they chose adoption, that we'd love to be the family they choose. I'm not kidding!

May God let you love those women in supernatural ways. Thanks for stepping out...your the real deal.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

mom said...

Thank you...all of you! You are wonderful encouragers :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin