Saturday, November 22

a partial solution

Remember my ironing dilemma a while back? (And for those of you who didn't know what an iron was I've posted a picture :::::running and ducking:::::)

Well, I still have the ever growing pile of ironing to do - and trust me, it does multiply by the tenfold when you've been gone a lot during the week - but I have found a partial solution.

My middler girls have been asking to learn how to iron - perhaps because they are ALWAYS waiting on me to iron their things - so since the boys have gone a'huntin' it seemed like the perfect time to teach them. Well, not just because of that but because they've asked AGAIN how to learn and it did seem to be the perfect timing.

So, this morning we went down to the laundry area and they have been taught the basic ironing moves. YAY!

Now we'll see how quickly my ironing mountain improves.....

Back to cleaning!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

linda said...

I hope they caught on quickly as it would be such a big help...to any mom!

mom said...

Time will tell....

:-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Letitia said...

I guess that any of their own things they ironed would be a help. My ironing pile stays stacked, and I only iron when necessary. It's just not one of those things I remember until I need something. (sigh)
I've enjoyed catching up on some of your entries.

ValleyGirl said...

Wow. When we've got things that are too wrinkly to wear, I just throw them back into the dryer for a few minutes!!!

The Arthur Clan said...

My mom also taught me to iron when I was little and I'm sure she enjoyed the extra help. I still have an "ironing scar" on one of my fingers though (ouch!)

Now I iron on a "must need" basis only and Bill actually irons all of his own clothes. (Thank you Lord!) I'll definitely be teaching the kids how to iron as soon as they are old enough.

Kimmie said...

I don't recognize that thing you refer to as an iron. Nor will I study it too long, as it may force me into recognition.

Aren't irons something you use when you need to melt a grilled cheese sandwich...I think I learned this somewhere....hmmm, now where was it. AND now I need some CHEESE!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Blog Widget by LinkWithin