Saturday, November 8

the quarter fund

Last evening when I came into my room I found this on my desk. It was a homemade heart note folded in half around a Hershey's milk chocolate with almonds bar....

Inside the heart note were these words:

"As you know, I am the president of the girls room, and I made this fund so we can give something to someone every month. You were the first person we thought of. I know this isn't much but this is to show our appreciation of U. We all *heart* U very much and I hope U enjoy this. With much love, the girls"

On the back of the card was this: Copyright by the Gem Girls (I assume those round things on the front of the card are gems.)

The fund she mentioned is something they started this week. They each put a quarter into a jar and she told me they'd do that once a month, but I had no idea what their quarters were being saved for in this special fund.

So, I'm pretty blessed to be the very first recipient of a treat - which will taste even sweeter! - as well as a keepsake card from the Gem Girls :-)

Enjoy your weekend!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet is that?! I'm betting that will be the sweetest chocolate bar you've ever tasted. What a precious thing for your "Gem Girls" to do!

The Arthur Clan said...

Awww ~ your heart must have completely melted when you found that! Your "gem girls" are pretty precious. :)

Heasleye said...

Oh! What a special momma moment! You have some sweet girls. Congratulations! :)

mom said...

It is sweet :-) and I need to remember moments like these when those three gems are driving me crazy! @@@@@@@@@ LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin