Monday, November 10

the simple woman's daybook for November 10th

For today, November 10th

Outside my window......everything is covered with about an inch of white snow.

I am thinking.....about some snail mail notes I need to write.

From the learning rooms
.....we'll be starting a new phonics book, figuring out when to use apostrophes, learning the metric system, reading up on aerodynamics stuff, and reciting Bible verses in Spanish.


I am thankful for.....a husband who works very hard even in this cold weather while I get to stay in a nice warm home.

From the kitchen.....I'm trying to figure out what to do with some slighty frozen vegetables given to us by a generous neighbor.

I am wearing.....a long sleeved burgundy shirt earned by walking a 5K race and warm black exercise pants as I just got home from Curves.

I am reading.....a book called The Grace and Truth Paradox by Randy Alcorn.

I am hoping.....for some sunshine!

I am creating
.....apple dolls with my girls.


I am hearing.....the dog paw at the door because she wants to come back inside.

Around the house
.....are little messes from my kids who were very busy multi-tasking *wink* on a long Sunday indoors.


One of my favorite things
.....is chatting with a friend who understands this perimenopausal season of life :::sigh:::


A few plans for the rest of the week
.....include Crazy Cap night at AWANA, an evening congregational meeting, and working a bit ahead in our schooling.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you
.....



One of my favorite things to do this time of the year is to go down to the woodburner early in the morning and get the fire going. Once it's burning well, I love to sit by it and do my devotional time before the kids get up. This is a picture without any lights on in the room - just a nice warm fire bringing coziness and daydreaming time :-)

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go here!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

The Arthur Clan said...

I finally talked hubby into starting up our woodburner last night. I love to sit in front of it and read...so nice and warm and cozy. :)

Lisa said...

My sympathy on the perimenopausal issues ~ I'm suffering through that, too... Ah, well. To everything there is a season, right? &:o) We love our wood stove, too. Way cozier than a radiator! &:o) Blessings today!

Melinda said...

Ah, I am jealous of your snow and your woodstove, lol. Electric heat just isn't the same.

Heasleye said...

Sounds and looks like a productive, cozy, winter day! :)
I thought of you while raking leaves this weekend. I'm sure you have a lot more than we do, but three hours of working outside only took care of three of the six maples we have. I woke up on Sunday morning feeling muscles I haven't felt for a while, but it felt good. And, we got an electric leaf blower, which my husband used. I think it already paid for itself, as it would have taken longer than three hours without it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin