Monday, November 17

the simple woman's daybook for November 17th

For today, November 17th

Outside my window......the skies are crisp and clear with snow covering the ground.

I am thinking.....about the quiet time I'll have this week while driving.

I am thankful for......a flexible schedule as a homeschooling family.

From the learning rooms.....the littlest has no official schooling since we worked ahead a week and all the olders will be working independently....hopefully!

From the kitchen.....it'll be convenience foods all week :::sigh:::

I am wearing.....brown pants and a long-sleeved one top with a button up warm yellow sweater

I am creating.....lists in my mind.

I am going.....traveling back and forth all week to a destination over an hour away.

I am reading
.....The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.


I am hoping
.....for clear skies and dry roads all week.


I am hearing.....the dog snoring over by the bed.

Around the house
.....there will be the hustle and bustle of the boys getting ready for hunting season.


One of my favorite things
.....is planning the upcoming Thanksgiving meal which is my most favorite meal of the entire year!


A few plans for the rest of the week
.....include intensive training to become a volunteer advocate at a Christian pregnancy resource center. This will be an extension of my love for birth doula work as well as being able to use my faith to minister to pregnant moms of all ages during an unexpected and difficult time.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you
.....


After traveling a few hundred miles away yesterday, I have an older son who is being sworn into the army this morning. He will be around here for awhile yet helping with the family business until late next spring/early summer. I think my heart will need each moment in the months ahead to prepare for his career in the army. No doubt there will be a blog post or two during that time. In the meantime, I'm proud of his love for our country and the excitement and desire he has to serve as his goal is to become an Army Airborne Ranger.

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go here!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Monica said...

Congrats on your soldier, Tammy.... Tell him thanks.

The Arthur Clan said...

You must be so proud of your son Tammy!

I'll be praying for your safety as you travel back and forth this week. What a wonderful ministry you are training to become involved in.

Donna Boucher said...

Wow! God bless your son!

I am curious to hear what you think of The thirteenth tale.
I read it a year or so ago. I did not like how one character treats another character.

Very creepy and gruesome.

mom said...

I'm only at the beginning of the book, Donna, but now you've scared me!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin