Monday, November 3

the simple woman's daybook for November 3rd


Outside my window......through the foggy morning light I see the brown oak leaves are still hanging on as a sad contrast to the brilliant colors seen a month ago.

I am thinking
.....about friends and family who need my persevering prayers.


From the learning rooms.....come sounds of letters, history of our thirteen original colonies, book reports, paper airplane building, and geometry proofs.

I am thankful for......our woodburner which gives us a cozy warmth this time of the year.

From the kitchen.....you'll smell chocolate chip cookies baking this afternoon for my AWANA chums.

I am wearing
.....exercise pants and a deep pink t-shirt as I'm headed out the door in a moment to go to Curves.


I am reading.....a book called The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde which is a humorous action adventure covering classical English literature. It's been a quirky fun read with a tiny wisp of displeasing language.

I am hoping.....for a few more warm sunny days to finish our raking.

I am creating.....a wreath made from vines along my garden fence. Of course, the creating is still in my head!

I am hearing.....a dog barking from our back porch.

Around the house
.....are visions of getting my laundry area straightened up AGAIN as well as those baskets full of wrinkled clothing finally getting ironed!


One of my favorite things
.....is kissing my kindergardener's cheeks while we do schooling.


A few plans for the rest of the week
.....taking a moment to vote in the presidential election, continue sorting and cleaning in my bedroom, finding the cross stitch patterns for Christmas stockings I'm looking forward to sewing for my grandbabies.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you
.....

Here is a pin cushion given to me recently by a dear friend. She knows my favorite colors as well as my love for flowers. I will think of her every time I use it!

To read daybooks for today by others, please go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

9 comments:

Chez Nous said...

Your mention of Curves really got me thinking that I should re-join. There's one just down the street and I think I'll check it out this afternoon.

Mary Rose said...

Oy...Curves! I still don't have an exercise routine! I enjoyed reading your daybook, especially the part about making a wreath. I used to work at Michaels and they had a "formula" for creating them.

1 wreath + a garland + 3 "bushes" (little decorative objects) + 3 flowers + a big bow = an attractive wreath. Now I can finally create some decent wreaths of my own!

Enjoy creating!

Love Bears All Things said...

I like Mary Rose's formula for creating a wreath..

A moment to vote..... I sure hope it only takes a moment. I do not do the waiting in line thing well(my back, my vertigo).
A great daybook!
Mama Bear

Heasleye said...

I'm not familiar with the idea of a daybook, but I enjoyed reading what you shared. A snapshot made of words...a wonderful capture of your Nov 3, 2008.
Reading of your AWANA chums makes me smile. I was once a chum and then a leader in training with the chums and guards. They aren't called by those names any more at our AWANA groups here. 3rd-5th graders belong to Truth and Training Clubs (T&T). My little guy is a Spark...speaking of which, we need to go work on some verses! :)

Elaine

The Arthur Clan said...

I really enjoyed reading through your post today Tammy. And the pincushion...beautiful! What a thoughtful gift for your friend to give to you.

Angie in OH

Thru Pink Curtains said...

i remember the wood burning days when a kid at home. everyday bringing in wood. and today i am getting a pellet stove. have a good week...........

mom said...

*I do love my Curves and can recommend it for several reasons...women, fellowship, exercise, accountability, location.

*LOVE the wreath tip, Mary Rose! Thank you so much :-)

*I hope it'll only take a moment to vote! Small town, but big election, so we'll see...

*Yes, we are using the AWANA T & T program, but have kept our group divisions from before. So the Chums are still the 3rd & 4th grade girls. I enjoy working with that age although I have a large group this year which has been a challenge!

*My boys have the task of keeping the wood ring full in the house as well as stacking the wood up by the house. Good physical exercise for them :-)

*It was fun to do a daybook entry and I've enjoyed visiting others. If you haven't done it before, I encourage you to try it!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Amy from Texas said...

Hi Tammy,

I've so behind on my blog reading. I have missed your sweet writing. Hope you get that sunny day for raking!

mom said...

o/:::waving at Amy::: You have been VERY busy lately! I'm glad you had a moment to stop by..and I did so much raking I can hardly move this morning! YIKES!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin