Thursday, November 6

those sparks!

Once we began homeschooling, I realized how much I DID NOT remember from my own educational years. YIKES! Oh, I knew all the generalities, but the specifics were long gone from my mind. Probably too busy writing and passing notes to girlfriends during those years or something.....

So over the years of homeschooling my children and helping them learn, it's been an unexpected discovery to find out how much I'm enjoying learning right along with them. They probably get tired of hearing me say, "oh, isn't that cool!" when we read science or "wow, look at God's plan!" when we read history. Hopefully those little sparks of mom's joy in learning will encourage them, too.

We had one of those sparks recently and it all began with:

"By the shores of Gitche Gumee,
By the shining Big-Sea Water,
Stood the wigwam of Nokomis......."
(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

If you want to hear about my little spark of joy, please head over to Heart of the Matter Online where I've written the rest of the story!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

The Arthur Clan said...

We aren't homeschoolers, but I often feel the same way when I am helping my children with their homework. I can't believe how much I've forgotten over the years!

Thank goodness it at least gets easier after you struggle through with your first one. :)

Angie in OH

ChiGirl said...

You know, your eldest son still quotes from that poem. :-) Longfellow is my all time favorite poet, so I don't mind. :-)

mom said...

Very true, Angie, or at least kind of true most of the time, LOL!

Poor son of mine...it's probably permanently engraved in his brain!

Blessings and love,
Mom or Tammy....hee hee!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin