Tuesday, November 11

a vow

I vow to thee, my country--all earthly things above--
Entire and whole and perfect, the service of my love,
The love that asks no question: the love that stands the test,
The lays upon the altar the dearest and the best:
The love that never falters, the love that pays the price,
The love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice.
~Sir Cecil Spring Rice

Remembering with appreciation those who have paid the price for our freedom. Those men and women who made a vow to our country and were willing to pay it with their blood. Those who served in the past as our fathers did. Those who served in the present as our son-in-law has. And those who will serve in the future - as our son will.

Two simple words from my heart. Thank you!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Tammy;

I will stand in agreement with you; I think we so often forget all of those who serve us...Of all the wives at home running the home, while their other half is fighting for our freedom. Of the sons, of the daughters, so willing to give all of themselves.

We really need to lift them up and cover them in prayer. I too say thank you, my father came from a country that was taken over by Communism...I am so thankful for my Liberty.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

The Arthur Clan said...

What a beautiful poem you found to commemorate this special day. I also say a huge THANK YOU to all of the men and women in our armed services!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin