Saturday, December 20

a full moment

How about this verse for your day:

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth." ~ Proverbs 27:1

And then these words: "We live our lives as if we have all the time in the world. That is so foolish. The only thing we are sure of is that we have today, this minute. It is the wise man or woman who learns to live each day to the fullest." ~ Daily Wisdom from the Bible

Practically speaking, I'm typing this while getting dressed and brushing my teeth so I can run to Wal-Mart for my last minute shopping and get it wrapped as soon as I get home! Whew! I will be using that last minute to the fullest in this holiday season because I don't have all the time in the world.

All kidding aside....

Spiritually speaking, it does make me stop and consider how I use my time. Do I put it in the perspective of eternity? Do I truly live it to the fullest realizing that I only have this very moment and no guarantees of the next moment? If I REALLY keep that
perspective, how would it change how I live?

Here's something even more interesting. As I was thinking about what I was going to write and was re-reading my quote, I noticed a typing error (which I did correct above):

"It is the wise man or woman who learns to leave each day to the fullest."

At the end of the day when you are closing your eyes for sleep, can you say you're leaving your day having lived it to the fullest? Has the day you've lived reflected the love of Jesus in all you've said and done? Have you impacted eternity by your life?

Oh, I know none of us will do it perfectly, in fact, we'll often fall far short.

It's more a matter of where our heart is and desiring to please God by living fully for Him. Each day. Each moment.

Don't waste another second....GO! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

This is exactly why I desire to live more intentionally, although that's still a far-off goal! But at least I'm working towards it instead of being content with mediocrity.

Great post, Tammy! Wonderful encouragement and wisdom.

Karen said...

I suspect that we might be more content and healthy if we could learn to leave each day as well. Words to ponder. (someday I hope to move from pondering to actually accomplishing...)

The Arthur Clan said...

I wanted to come by to thank you for praying for me yesterday Tammy (and I do thank you!) and I am once again leaving blessed by your words. Thank you for being willing to share your thoughts with us.

~Angie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin