Monday, December 15

simple woman's daybook for December 15


For today December 15

Outside my window......
there is fresh snow in the bitterly cold temperatures which aren't expected to rise above zero today as the wind is blowin' strongly in gusts right now!

I am thinking.....about the calendar (is it really the 15th already?!) and my Christmas priorities.

I am thankful for......for a warm home this morning as the woodburner was kept going throughout the night.

From the learning rooms.....it will be a quieter week as the girls are almost finished up before our Christmas holiday and the boys will be busy working on school in their rooms.

From the kitchen.....we will be finding time to bake some of our favorite cookie recipes. The meal plan is simple and easy for the week ahead, or in other words, I'm hoping my husband will cook a bit this week! *wink*

I am wearing.....my jammies and flannel bathroom at the moment.

I am creating.....the same thing I was working on last week - my new grandbabies Christmas stockings! Hopefully the stockings will be in the mail in a day or two so they'll have them before Christmas :-)

I am going.....ideally nowhere! But I will have to go out this afternoon if AWANA doesn't cancel for tonight as I'm in charge of setting up the AWANA store which is scheduled to be open tonight. If the local schools cancel tonight's activities due to wind chill factors, then we'll cancel. A day of waiting....

I am reading.....Crazy Love - Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan.

I am hoping.....to get some sewing done this week, too!

I am hearing.....the wind gusts blowing the chimes on the front deck. They only chime when it's REALLY windy!

Around the house.....
our Christmas tree got set up and is all lighted and decorated now. ALL the Lego containers are out in the living room as the Lego train and town are being built right now which is one of our pre-Christmas traditions for the kids. Also typical are the comments the boys are making that no horses are allowed in the town and the girls saying there will no military equipment fighting in the town.

One of my favorite things.....is watching the cat under the Christmas tree as he naps or rolls over to bat at the soft ornaments above his head. At least he's a little older this year and not trying to climb the tree!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....
shopping, gift wrapping, card writing, sewing, baking, plus all the usual activities of cooking, cleaning, laundry, and schooling. And still waiting on a sweet baby to arrive! :-)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....



It's a picture of my littlest sweet angel right after the children's Christmas program at church yesterday. It's hard to see, but she does have a silver halo glimmering above her smiling face. Ahhhh, my little ones grow up much too quickly!

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go HERE

Enjoy your day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

9 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Sounds like a wonderful, warm, cozy way to spend a cold winter day! We're sitting at -47(-53F) with the windchill, which means the school buses aren't running and my girls get to stay home today ~ must dream up something to do with them. But first I'll let them sleep in because last night was our church Christmas program too!

mom said...

WOW! You are REALLY cold! Our wind chills for today are forecasted to be 20 to 30 below zero! That would feel downright balmy to you, eh? LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimberly said...

What a darling angel you have!!

I'm so thankful for the unseasonably warm temps we're experiencing...may God grant you a reprieve from the bitter cold!!

Peace and joy throughout the Holy Season...

Paula said...

What a beautiful child

The Arthur Clan said...

Your little one is adorable Tammy!

My prayer is that you will experience peace and calm in the midst of this busy season (it's my prayer for myself this week too!)

Heasleye said...

What a sweet smile on that cute angel! And my goodness, you and others out your way surely have cold temps to deal with. We have temps in the 20s (above 0) and that's COLD around here. :) Enjoy your cozy, indoor, holiday-prep days, Tammy!

Letitia said...

What a sweetie.
I can't believe how cold it is where you are. I thought I was cold! I am definitely not a cold weather person.
I have to get myself motivated to get some baking and Christmasy things going with my 2 younger ones this week.

mom said...

Letitia, I definitely am not a cold weather person either! LOL! Yet here is where God placed me...perhaps to build patience and endurance into my life!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimmie said...

What a sweet shimmering angel...truly a beauty!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Blog Widget by LinkWithin