Monday, December 22

simple woman's daybook for December 22

For today December 22

Outside my window.....
the skies are blue and it's below zero! Brrrrrr!

I am thinking.....about all I have to do the next couple of days and putting my tasks into a priority list this morning.

I am thankful for.....a cozy fire to sit by while I do my devotions in the morning.

From the learning rooms.....it will be relatively quiet as we are officially off school this week. One high schooler has some catch-up work to do in chemistry and geometry this week while his brother has some English work to complete today. The girls are in play mode :-)

From the kitchen.....there's oven French toast baking now, Christmas cookies later, and a pot of chili for supper.

I am wearing....my black exercise pants and a long sleeved white shirt as I haven't had a chance to jump in the shower yet and am still dressed from being at Curves early this morning.

I am creating.....knitted Barbie afghans :-)

I am going.....hopefully no where today! I've enlisted my husband for today's errands.

I am reading.....the book I had started last week called Crazy Love - Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan. I'm about halfway through it and all I can say is WOW!

I am hoping.....to be wrapped up with Christmas stuff by tomorrow night so I can tend to my poor neglected house cleaning during Christmas Eve day.

I am hearing.....my girls downstairs playing some Wii tennis as their college brother brought his Wii home for the holidays. My littlest has sore arms from all the Wii sporting activities they've been doing!

Around the house.....there are sounds of favorite Christmas music, my Christmas card menagerie spread over the kitchen peninsula, laundry needing attention, wrapping paper scraps on the floor, and kids occupying themselves with other activities.

One of my favorite things.....
are the rare quiet moments I capture during this busy season.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....present wrapping, baking, and printing out our Christmas letter today; finishing my shopping, more present wrapping, and Christmas card sending tomorrow; house cleaning and worship service on Wednesday; Christmas present opening and dinner on Thursday; and hopefully VEGGING on the weekend!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

Although this isn't the best quality picture - I should have downloaded my pictures before sending this off in the mail! - this is a picture from the back of the Christmas stocking I made for my granddaughter. Since the fabric design had a many little hearts on it, I quilted a big heart on the back and little hearts on the front. The two stockings I made took a good quantity of time, but I sure enjoyed doing them more than any of my other Christmas tasks. Perhaps that is because they are the kind of gift made with love and hopefully cherished through the years by those babies who will grow up with a piece of grandma love :-)

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

DeNiece Barnes said...

What a lovely daybook, I think that the picture I did see of your stocking that you made for your granddaughter is beautiful I love the heart pattern. I pray that you and your family has a wonder and joyous holiday season.

The Arthur Clan said...

Wishing you much peace and happiness in the midst of this busy week. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Letitia said...

It sounds like a busy, fun, snuggly time in your home this season.
Have a blessed and merry Christmas.

Aubrey said...

Thanks for sharing your Daybook! You are so right about handmade gifts for your grandchildren! My mother made each of my four children a quilt before they were born. My six year old still carries the tatters of it around. They all love their little blankies and it's a joy to my mom to see them so treasured.

Merry Christmas from Nebraska!

mom said...

Oh dear...you've mentioned a project I'm behind on, Aubrey....BABY QUILTS! I had grand hopes to get caught up on those in time for Christmas, but alas, they are going to be good projects for the long winter ahead :-) That's probably the best time to make them as they keep my lap warm while I'm hemming them!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin