Monday, December 8

simple woman's daybook for december 8th

For today, December 8th

Outside my window.....
it is overcast with a chance of snow later. At least it has warmed up a bit as the temperature at the moment is TEN degrees.

I am thinking.....about all my projects for Christmas!

I am thankful for.....another few jobs for my husband before the weather gets too severe for the season AND for the fact that he doesn't mind going to work in the cold.

From the learning rooms.....we are sounding out letters, reading about the French and Indian War, learning how to figure out interest rates and payments, writing expository essays, and finishing up The Scarlett Letter.

From the kitchen.....
I'll need to bake cookies for my AWANA Chums tonight, but will pick a Christmas cookie so I can save some for my Christmas stash.

I am wearing.....a long sleeved white top and black exercise pants with a white and dark pink stripe down the leg as I just got back from Curves.

I am creating.....Christmas stockings for my two new grandbabies this year :-)

I am going.....
no where all day until AWANA tonight. We have a busy week ahead, so I'm thankful to have a day to stay at home.

I am reading.....
nothing in particular at the moment. On Saturday I finally finished the book I've been reading over the past few weeks and haven't decided if I should start another book before Christmas.

I am hoping.....
that my list will help keep me focused on my priorities in the days ahead.

I am hearing.....my husband's dump truck warming up by the big work garage.

Around the house....
are remnants of a lazy Sunday. In other words, clutter! I'll need to pick up a bit after I get done typing this as we work better with the house in a bit of order.

One of my favorite things....
is the air of mystery around the house this time of the year. Kids planning and buying gifts for one another. They are into the *giving* part of Christmas and I tend to be privy to many of the whisperings. It is one of the perks of being a mom :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include AWANA tonight, dentist appointments tomorrow as well as a meeting in the evening, more training on Wednesday, a Christmas gathering at the end of the week, and possibly the blessing of attending a birth if baby decides it's time!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

Since I didn't want to use a flash, I waited to take this picture until dusk was coming. The Christmas tree has a tea light inside and there are star cut-outs where the light shines through making a cozy glow by the deer. This sits in my kitchen window and I love to see it glow in the evenings when I come into the kitchen. The tree was a gift to me given my daughter-in-law which makes it very special.

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go HERE

Enjoy this December day in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


5 comments:

Jen said...

I love the picture. One of my favorite things is to turn the Christmas tree lights on early in the morning while I'm doing my prayer time. So peaceful. Thank you for sharing. Have a great week.

Mrs. Cuddles said...

Thank you for your prayers and your comment! Beautiful daybook entry.

May you have a spirit filled week,
~Mrs.Cuddles

UKZoe said...

I really enjoyed reading your daybook, thank you.

Paula said...

I love your picture...awesome

A happy heart at home said...

I enjoyed your daybook. Have a great week!

~Susan

Blog Widget by LinkWithin