Thursday, December 25

a thankful baby day

Thankful Thursday has a theme question this week:

What or who had the most impact on you in 2008? I would love to read your thoughts on 2008 and what it has brought/meant to you….

After reading this last night, I immediately knew the answer! There is no doubt that attending a fundraising banquet dinner as a guest last spring for a pregnancy center was a life altering moment. God's fingerprints were all over that evening as well as through the application process and the initial classroom training this past year as I'm learning how to minister to women in unexpected and challenging possible pregnancies and using my faith in the process. (And last night I wrote my response to this question with soooo many words that you'd be scrolling for a day - at least! - so you can be thankful that I became compassionate and decided to condense that whole thing into two sentences!)

I do have to confess though that having recently attended a birth my thoughts are back to, "Are you sure, God?" My heartbeat is for laboring birthing women, so I once again question if the prenatal counseling area is where He wants me? Or perhaps I need to learn that part so that I could minister better to a women in a crisis situation as she goes through labor and birth? I truly don't know.

But I do know He'll lead me and guide me on this adventure in the year ahead!

And isn't it cool that as we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ on this day that my thoughts are on birthing babies! :-)

Is there something that has greatly impacted you over this past year? Feel free to answer it here in the comments or answer the question on your own blog as you participate in Thankful Thursday right HERE

Have a blessed Christmas Day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

ohhhh.. the joy of finding God's path for your service!! I love it when He leads us to a place we'd never expect to go. I will be praying for discernment for you!! Have a blessed, blessed Christmas.

Denise said...

Sweet Christmas blessings to you.

Rita T. said...

Merry Christmas!

The Arthur Clan said...

I know you are going to be a tremendous blessing no matter where you end up serving Tammy.

I think that blogging is something that had a huge impact on my life this year. I've met so many other Christian ladies that I have grown to love so much. They have strengthened me as a mother, as a wife, and as a Christ-follower. I am thankful for all of you in my life!

eph2810 said...

Tammy, I think that the birthing process is something that you can use in your prenatal counseling. What a precious moment to see someone giving birth :) -

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin