Wednesday, December 17

too amazing

"There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand: the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a maiden." ~ Proverbs 30:18-19

As I read these verses this morning, I could easily add one more thing to the list that is too amazing and that can be difficult to understand....the intricate dance of labor and its bringing forth the birth of a baby.

Just as unique as each child that God creates, so is the labor that brings them into the world. The mysteries of the dance are simply too amazing - and often difficult to understand - as each woman goes through the travail which they have no choice but to walk straight through from beginning to end. How many women - myself included - have said that they can do it no longer? That they will never make it? That they want to stop? Only to know deep within their hearts that they must muster every bit of strength they can from the Lord who so abundantly provides to go through those final steps. For those very steps within their bodies are the ones needed to move and turn that miracle of life as the baby is positioned to enter the world. Could the actual birth be anything less than amazing when considering the magnificence of our Creator? He who created the stars in the heavens, the oceans crashing upon shores, the mountains of splendor....it is He who knew this baby before the mother takes her first gaze!

Too amazing? Definitely! Praiseworthy? Absolutely!

And having received the blessing of attending a birth yesterday, my heart is even more in awe during this Christmas season. Through the travails of the intricate dance of labor, Mary brought forth a baby. A baby who received her first savoring gaze. A baby who is MY Savior!

Too amazing? Definitely! Praiseworthy? Absolutely!

May your day be no less than too amazing as you consider the Savior's birth!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

What a wonderful post, Tammy! It IS amazing and VERY praise-worthy!! What a great way to look at it.

The Arthur Clan said...

Outside of my salvation, giving birth to my children were my most amazing experiences in my life. I feel privileged that I was able to labor and deliver them!

I was the "helper" for my sister's birthing and my sister-in-law's birthing and both of those experiences rank at the top of my list as well. Amazing!

I think I would have loved having you there to help me with my deliveries...I can sense your warm, calming nature just through what I read of you on your blog. :)

mom said...

How wonderful that you were able to do that, Angie :-) Too bad you don't live closer...you could be my back-up!

And thanks for the encouragement! I do hope that is the nature I bring to the births I attend :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

wonderloveandpraise said...

I could have used a Tammy AND and an Angie this last time around!! But this baby.. my goodness. Three months old - slept 8 1/2 hours last night. I never knew it was possible! :)

mom said...

Steph! Angie and I were only a phone call away! Ahhh, but what a blessing to have a good night sleeping baby! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin