Thursday, December 18

treatfully thankful

This morning as I look along the kitchen countertop, I see an empty container. While I was gone on Tuesday afternoon, our neighbors walked over with some Christmas goodies. This has been an annual tradition for them and a blessing for us! A large container of a variety of baked goods which contains the best peanut brittle ever, a container of homemade candy, a container of dried fruit.

And yes, in a little over a day the large container is E.M.P.T.Y! My kids devoured everything in it! They are definitely feeling deprived as I have done very little holiday baking yet this season. It will no doubt be a baking marathon for a day or two early next week and they will all be grinning from ear to ear :-)

Remember that on Tuesday morning I had written about doing simple acts of love to bless someone else.....
then Tuesday afternoon this gift arrived hand delivered. We were definitely blessed! I love these life examples that confirm things that God is prompting me to live out and which my children witness and will hopefully develop into their own lives.

So my heart is thankful for the blessing of a neighbor's gift which arrived in perfect timing! How about you? What's your heart thankful for this day?

To follow the journey of other offers of thankfulness, please go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

lambofHisflock said...

What a wonderful blessing in that simple act of kindness... and a beautiful spirit of thankfulness with which it was received. Thank you for sharing. May God bless you and keep you.

Denise said...

That was such a sweet blessing.

The Arthur Clan said...

Isn't it wonderful to have good neighbors? Ours have been such a blessing to us...I am so thankful to have them in our lives!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin