Wednesday, January 7

endure and enjoy

"Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I think this will be my motto for the day.

I woke up with a twinge of a headache and thought perhaps the cup of coffee in my hand as I headed out the door to Bible study would cause it to vanish. But, alas, it has only worsened as I've gotten home and begun our school day. Most likely hormonal in nature, there will be nothing that will really help this headache to go away throughout the day ahead. Endure.

Yet outside my window is a softly falling snow. Peaceful, calming, and quiet. Instead of the usual gray winter day with no snow, this is a welcomed winter scene outside my windows. Enjoy.

If you are having a day of enduring, may God also bless you with some moments of enjoying.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

Dot O said...

Seems like the headache thing is all over the place. Today is day 4 in a row, last night being the absolute worst (I got sorta scared about the intensity and couldn't even talk to hubby when he came to bed) but now seems to be backing off a bit. I attributed it to damp dreary weather, chocolate (which I've stopped eating), and hormones.

Headaches can really stop you in your tracks. Here's to yours going away quickly and soon!

mom said...

Oh, Dot! {{{{{Dot}}}} I hope we BOTH get rid of these headaches SOON!

I did get quite a bit done today around the house, but I felt like I was moving in slow motion the entire day :::sigh:::

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimmie said...

How's your head feeling now? I hope better. The other day I had a headache, which is unusual for me...but I think it was from being closed up in the house...perhaps not enough sleep and Ethiopia on the brain. ;-)

Sometimes ditching school and running a hot bath with a cup of tea, is just the right medicine.

sending a big hug...hope your headache is gone.

xoxox
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

onfire in PNG said...

thank you for stopping by my blog the other day ... currently, our e-mail address is:
neal_campbell@ntm.org

feel free to write and ask about our missions trip! we have been back in Canada for a few weeks only but I am happy to talk all about what we learned.

Kristina

theArthurClan said...

I don't get headaches very often at all, but yesterday I had one of the worst ones I've ever had. Absolutely miserable (and I know mine is due to a lack of sleep I'm getting right now.)

I hope that your headache is finished and gone now...and that you didn't have to endure it for too awful long. They are no fun at all.

mom said...

How strange that so many of us have been dealing with headaches...

Mine is only marginal today for which I am very thankful :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin