Saturday, January 24

panic averted

Although some of you younger readers may not understand, when you hit your late 40's early 50's short term memory becomes a thing of the past. Survival of the fittest only happens if you have a notebook that never leaves your side. A notebook that records all those short term things you need to do that you will not remember unless you accidentally run into something that reminds you to do them. And sometimes you don't accidentally run into those kinds of things for weeks which is why you keep a notebook!

Soooo, let's just say that *IF* that lifeline notebook suddenly disappears it's hard not to feel a tad bit of panic arise.

Soooo, let's just say my lifeline notebook did go missing. All this week. Uh huh. NOT a good thing!

I checked all the places I could have set it down as it does travel with me throughout the house and when I run errands. Not in my purse. Not in my Vera. Not by the ironing board. Not by my computer. Not by the woodburner. Not by my bed. Not on my desk. Not in the car. Not in the bathroom (yes, it even goes there). NOT ANYWHERE!

And then last evening when I was looking for something else, I found it! Panic averted! My lifeline notebook was on my desk, but had somehow gotten mixed into a pile of miscellaneous non-important papers that need to be put somewhere. My most important thing was with my most non-important things :::sigh:::

I will now assign a permanent resting spot for my notebook just as I have had to do with my eyeglasses so that this will never happen again!

Glancing through my notebook this morning, I see that there are some things that I missed doing that I really needed to do :::sigh::: but I've also taken care of some things that I did without the aid of my trusted friend and that is an encouragement!

Off to really take care of business in my garden!

Enjoy your Saturday and all the details of life wherever you keep them!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

I'm only 3/4 of the way through my 30's and I'm already VERY reliant on my day-planner!! I feel so lost when I can't "just check my book" ~ I totally understand the panic! Lately, I've started developing a bit of a dependency on my FlyLady control journal, too.

theArthurClan said...

If I don't write something down on my calendar, I am completely lost! I can so totally understand your panic Tammy and I'm so glad you finally found your notebook.

Mrs. E. said...

I think some of my most challenging moments are when I CANNOT FIND something. So frustrating! SOoooo glad the lost notebook is now found!

Kimmie said...

Glad you found your notebook. I felt that way when I misplaced the Amharic dictionary (english to Ethiopian)...one of the kids cleaned up and stuffed it in my desk basket (unfortunately between the pages of a book- so it was unsee-able!) Today, I made a mandatory 'search until you find it!' If you don't find it and Mama is unhappy...don't you know 'you ALL' are gonna be unhappy. Let me just say that in 15 minutes it was 'located.'

I think you can take Ginko Biloba (not sure if I spelled that right) for helping with memory. Think it takes a few months of faithful use, before you begin to feel and see the difference. I do believe in herbal remedies, as they came from a loving Father.

bless you Tammy-!
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Blog Widget by LinkWithin