Wednesday, January 21

scrabbling

Everyone in my household knows I'm completely and totally addicted to Facebook Scrabble. I LOVE it and will jump on and off my computer throughout the day to play a word. My record isn't great, but that's okay. I'm all about challenging my brain to work and think a bit. And yes, I refuse to use the online Scrabble cheater helpers that some people I know use....and you know who you are!

The problem, however, is that there's others in my household who also enjoy playing Scrabble but aren't on Facebook.

Time to drag out the old Scrabble board which is barely held together in the middle. There were some missing tiles that are no longer missing because we made paper versions of the letters. We keep a dictionary handy for validation and also a list of the two letter words which are allowable. And Scrabbling we go!

Do you have a favorite game that comes out in the winter months?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Heasleye said...

Just last weekend, I learned to play Scramble and Word Twist on FaceBook. Oh dear...I'm not very good, but it's addicting!
If you like word games, you'd probably like Bananagrams. You use letter tiles to make your own crossword puzzle and try to use all your tiles before anyone else does. It's simple and quick and good for the brain!
Another game we played over Christmas and liked is called Set Cubed, and just last week we got Link-O, which is fun, too. :)

ChiGirl said...

For the record--it's not me!!

mom said...

Thanks for all the ideas, Elaine!

I have tried a few other games on FB but have settled on Scrabble since I can take my time on it...I miserably lose timed games...probably because it's never quiet enough to really concentrate around here!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Charlene said...

Scrabble is one of our favorites too, along with Boggle and Sequence!

theArthurClan said...

I was obsessed with Sudoku for quite some time (I could just feel the brain cells growing while I played it!) And then it was Breaking Bricks. I've finally taken a break from both of them ~ I'm kind of afraid to go back because I know how addicting they both are!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin