Monday, January 12

simple woman's daybook for January 12

For today January 12

Outside my window.....there are hazy looking skies and the temperature is struggling to get above zero. Snow is in the forecast for later today.

I am thinking.....that I REALLY don't enjoy being sick!

I am thankful for.....a husband who keeps the household running when I'm down and out.

From the learning rooms.....we are working on letter blends, fractions, sentence diagramming, book reports, geometry proofs which still seem meaningless to me after all these years.

From the kitchen.....my husband is currently pickling fish.

I am wearing.....my jammies and my flannel robe over them.

I am creating.....a box full of hats, mittens, scarves, and coats which are no longer worn and are in good condition so that they may be donated to the local food pantry.

I am going.....nowhere! at least until I feel better :::sigh:::

I just finished reading....."The Illuminator" by Brenda Rickman Vantrease, a novel set in the late 1300's when the Lords and the Church held all the power. Yet, at the same time John Wycliffe was working on translating God's Word into English so that the Bible could be brought to the common people. It was a very risky task and the book tells the twists and turns of the tale of a man who illuminates the Scriptures for the church with beautiful paintings and scroll work, but also secretly works for Wycliffe. It was an interesting read although I will caution that there are some inappropriate parts.

I am hoping.....we will all be healthy soon!

I am hearing.....my girls chattering as they are working on their schoolwork in the kitchen by me. My littlest is doing a funny finger snapping thing while talking.

Around the house.....life has settled into more order now that the holidays are over. The kitchen needs a clean-up this morning since the child who was in charge of it yesterday is sick.

One of my favorite things.....is watching the kids have fun out in the snow!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are changing. I have to make some phone calls and find replacements for myself as well as cancel appointments. Hopefully if I take it easy early in the week, I'll feel much better by the end of the week!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

One of my older sons had a youth leaders luncheon meeting last week, but had the time wrong and missed the luncheon part. So when he was done with the meeting, he stopped at the grocery store and purchased a loaf of French bread, a package of sandwich meat, and a half gallon of strawberry milk. He stopped by home to make his lunch and read the WORLD magazine. It just looked funny to see him eating that huge sandwich. No, he didn't finish it all in one sitting, but packaged it up and took it back to his place to eat for supper.

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

theArthurClan said...

I'm thinking of you Tammy and I'll be praying that you'll feel better soon. It's so hard being sick when you're the mom and have so many other responsibilities to handle as well.

(Love the pic of the huge sandwich...that was so funny!)

linda said...

Below zero temps and feeling sick...not a good combination! You will be in my thoughts today.

Tina said...

Thinking of you and Lovey here too. Love the pic. . what a guy :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin