Monday, January 19

simple woman's daybook for January 19

For today January 19th

Outside my window......the skies are gray and there's a light snow in the air.

I am thinking.....about my list of projects and how I'll fit them into a full schedule.

I am thankful for......all our bills being paid so far this winter.

From the learning rooms.....the littlest has been having a great time making pictures and the alphabet from a set of stencils we have, there's more work on fractions, the different "cases" of pronouns will be learned, chemical bonds will be studied, and one poor student will be working hard to catch up after being ill all last week.

From the kitchen.....a special luncheon for travelers headed on a long trip home today.

I am wearing.....a short sleeved deep pink top and my exercise pants. Back to Curves after missing a week due to illness.

I am creating.....a neater working space in my sewing area as it has become cluttered with lots of odds and ends that have been used on projects over the last couple of years.

I am going.....to run some things to the post office this morning and then to AWANA Club tonight.

I am reading.....the book Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry.

I am hoping.....that we are done with sickness around here for awhile!

I am hearing.....my granddaughter singing while she eats some cereal at the kitchen table.

Around the house.....the floors are covered with toys as our granddaughter has had a blast playing with all her favorite things during her visit.

One of my favorite things.....is not having to go anywhere on a frigidly cold January day and being able to snuggle down into my warm house!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....will include getting back into our routine tomorrow, traveling for some training on Wednesday, and doing a bit more deep cleaning.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

Playing in the early evening outdoors while it is lightly snowing! I could not get my red eye feature to work on my camera or in iPhoto and I'm not certain it even works on dog eye! LOL!

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

7 comments:

keri said...

I love that they're all wearing their knit hats and scarves... :)

Love Bears All Things said...

I enjoyed your daybook. The picture is darling, the snow looks great.
My sewing room seems to be a catch all room since it is just off the kitchen. I am always laying things on the table in there until I can put them in their proper places.
Mama Bear

mom said...

I hadn't even noticed that fact until you mentioned it! Pretty cool! With our yarn stash we should be able to keep people in hats and scarvies for a LONG time! LOL!

Ahhh, yes...I do know about those catch all places...grrrr!

writingcanvas said...

I love listening to my children sing - we just are not on to grandchildren yet! :)

Enjoyed reading.

simplycatholic.net said...

Looks like a lot of fun in the snow. I really enjoyed your daybook.

Dot O said...

Tammy, thanks for stopping by my blog. I too am so happy being home and hunkered down on these cold days.

About the quilt mistakes, I don't usually make mention of them, however on one quilt I made all but one tree was pointed to the sky...and one was pointed to the ground. My 9-year-old daughter found that error very quickly... LOL.

I love your snowy picture - the kids looked like they were having a grand old time.

wonderloveandpraise said...

tam - thought you'd appreciate this today...

http://wonderloveandpraise.wordpress.com/2009/01/20/inauguration-eve/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin