Monday, January 26

simple woman's daybook for January 26

For today January 26th

Outside my window......it is fifteen degrees below zero at the moment with clear blue skies. I just read this morning that the statistics for January to this point have our average temperature for January as 4.9 degrees. BRRRRRR!

I am thinking.....about going through my box of maternity clothes, washing them up, and taking anything not too outdated(!) to the pregnancy center.

I am thankful for......a warm home and all the bills currently paid.

From the learning rooms.....we are learning about telling time, diagramming compound subjects and verbs, mathematics in daily life, finishing up end of the semester exams, and I have a student still trying to catch up after being sick.

From the kitchen.....I'll pop some muffins in the oven for this cold morning.

I am wearing.....a long sleeved top with a pink hooded sweatshirt over it, a denim skirt and my fuzzy socks.

I am creating.....a cleaner desk!

I am going.....to the post office later, dropping off a couple kids to babysit for a couple hours for a special youth pastors and wives winter retreat, and then to AWANA Club tonight. (And yes, I went to the post office last Monday, too, only to remember once I got there that they were closed for the holiday!)

I am still reading.....the book Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry and enjoying it very much!

I am hoping.....if it has to be this cold that at least the sun will shine at the same time since it does warm up the rooms on the south side of our home.

I am hearing.....my husband loading the woodburner.

Around the house.....there's little piles of things I'm sorting through as I do some cleaning.

One of my favorite things.....is looking at older family pictures and being amazed at how much my children have grown up!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include AWANA Club, traveling tomorrow to drop a daughter off at a daughter's house, training at the pregnancy center, and working on putting together everything for filing our taxes.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.....

Here are the cookies I puttered around making yesterday for a treat for my AWANA Chums. I haven't made pinwheel cookies in a long time, but we all quickly remembered how good they taste after I put the extras on a plate! YUM!

If you'd like to do your own daybook or read about others on this day, please go HERE

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

momofmhasr said...

Those cookies look wonderful!

Dot O said...

I just started Hannah Coulter so I"m way behind. I may not contribute much to that blog but I'll read it!! LOL.

Thanks for visiting my blog and drooling over my hydrangeas! They bloomed so well last summer that I had my hubby cut away more of the neighboring shrub to make more room for the hydrangeas to spread a bit when they return this summer.

Those cookies look...very, very yummy. I hope all enjoyed them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin