Tuesday, January 20

squandering is over

"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Hey, Benjamin Franklin ended a sentence with a preposition and he isn't even a Midwesterner!

But, boy oh boy, can I embrace this quote today!

It seems that the past few months have had many obligations on the calendar such as *the holidays* or other big events. Things that needed more of a personal focus. Things that needed to be scheduled into life. Things that squeezed out a lot of other daily tasks and regular routine.

When that happens, I do find myself squandering time. Perhaps it's because I know I don't really have time to do such-and-such because I have this other big stuff to focus on, so I procrastinate with the time I do have. Anyone else do that? Or am I just a master procrastinator of daily tasks?

It's not that there aren't still activities on our calendar right now, but they are more of the regular part of our routine such as AWANA Club once a week.

So finally, yes FINALLY, I feel like I can take care of household business that needs to get caught up on during the winter months. And finally, yes FINALLY, I feel like I can work into my days some special projects.

I'm motivated! I'm focused! And I'm excited!

Let's just hope that I get a lot done before I run out of energy! LOL!

So, how are you doing with your time? Into the hibernation of the winter season or considering using this stuck indoors time for something productive?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Luke said...

"Benjamin Franklin ended a sentence with a preposition..."

[smile] Yes, yes he did.

~Luke

Kimmie said...

Me, I'm into baby sniffin' these days, and ain't nobody gonna stop me either.

sniff!

What are you working on sweet friend?

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

mom said...

Kimmie, you sniff away! And then sniff some more! Enjoy this little treasure :-)

Hugs,
Tammy ~@~

mom said...

Ohhh, I have a nice long list some of which is cleaning projects and the other part is QUILTS! We'll see what I get done.....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin