Thursday, January 29

a thankful task


Early Wednesday morning I didn't wake up in my own bed, but rather opened my eyes to darkness at my oldest daughter's house. I quickly got up and showered as I needed to get on the road to meet a 9 AM commitment in a city three hours away. After warming the car up and saying our goodbyes, I was on the interstate in a matter of minutes as I worked my way out of a major city.

Traffic was minor going my direction.

Traffic was major coming into the city. Car light after car light in a steady stream.

Before 6 AM on a weekday morning.

For the next thirty minutes.

I was amazed.

And ohhhhh, so thankful!

Suddenly I greatly appreciated my work as a lady of leisure stay at home mom! Yes, there may be days of being up early tending to the needs of my family (or perhaps nights of being up with babies) and sometimes we end up having *one of those days*, however I'm doing my task in my favorite place on this earth....in the place I call HOME! Could there be a greater blessing than that?!

To follow other thankful hearts, go visit Thankful Thursday at Lori's this week.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you dear.

Grammy said...

I am so glad you are happy with your task in life. It is a true blessing to be able to stay home and teach your kids to be happy. And spend time with there smiling faces and loving hearts.

Lori said...

So glad you had a nice ride home, and praise God you are able to stay home. It is hard job but has tons of rewards. Have a wonderful day.

Laurie Ann said...

There is no place like home! I'm so glad you appreciate it. I do, too. It's my place of refuge (here on earth). Happy Thankful Thursday!

theArthurClan said...

I so completely agree with you Tammy! I'm so thankful for a husband who goes to work every single day so I can stay home with our kiddos. It's exactly where I want to be!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings!
Cheryl

Blog Widget by LinkWithin