Thursday, January 1

the tradition of the new year morning

Typically not staying up much past seeing the New Year's arrival, my New Year's Day favorite morning tradition is to make the rounds. For you see, although I go to bed at midnight, the kids are allowed to stay up as late as they want as long as they are quiet so the rest of us can sleep.

So my morning roll call as I wandered around the house before 8 AM found that two boys were still up and hadn't slept at all, one boy had just gone to bed, one went to bed at 6 AM, one threw up at 4 AM (way too much candy) and then went to bed, and the rest of the family went to bed somewhere between midnight and 4 AM.

Of course, the babies and littles were the first ones up this morning.

The household will be in a state of various napping throughout the day.

And so goes the relaxed first day of the year :-)

Do you have favorite New Year's traditions?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

I don't know if it's my favourite, but it seems several loads of laundry always happen on New Year's Day!!!

Hope you have a good one!

mom said...

Oh oh! I found out that doing laundry on New Year's Day is NOT a good thing! This morning when I talked about doing some laundry, my daughter-in-law told me that her granny has this saying...."If you do laundry on New Year's Day, you wash a member of your family away!" YIKES! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin