Friday, February 27

a frosty February face

"A February face, so full of frost, of storm, of cloudiness." ~ William Shakespeare

We had a winter storm move through the area yesterday. I don't think we got nearly as much snow as predicted, but it's hard to tell because there was so much wind that came with it in the evening. I tried to take a picture of the girls outside during the late afternoon in the blustery weather with snow madly swirling around them, but the snow effect wasn't showing up on the pictures. There must be a photography tip that I don't know! Our dog has a perfect February frost face on such a dark cloudy day, so he'll have to do as my representative of the quote.

I'm relieved that family and their friends made it safely here after traveling through nasty weather. It took an extra THREE hours of driving, but they were delighted to have arrived in the wee hours of the morning. A vehicle switch was made and their gear loaded up as they headed back on the road for another solid hour or more of driving to our cabin in the woods. They left behind precious cargo - our grands! - who will be spending the weekend with us. This is the first time for the one year old and I was thankful that he went back to sleep quickly with some rocking chair time before I snuggled him in our bed with us.

I'm not relieved that the weather that followed the snow is back below zero again :::sigh:::

SPRING, where art thou?!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Oh man, I am SO ready for some warmer weather!!!!! Our dog is completely frost-covered this morning, but it's just too stinkin' cold to take a picture!

My Journey said...

I'm so ready for Spring, too! I wanted to let you know that I have changed my blog address to something more fitting. It's now http://www.barrfamilytidbits.blogspot.com
See you soon!
Carolina

Letitia said...

I'm ready for warm weather, and I don't have near the temps you do! How fun to get to keep your grandchildren. Have fun with the extra snuggles.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin